vendredi 11 mars 2011

"Rediscovering your own region through a novel...that sounds strange, but this is exactly what happened to me"


Charles Guerrero is native of the Bordeaux region but emigrated for a few years to exercise his profession of First Officer A320 to Abu Dhabi. He read the novel "A Fabulous Year at Chateau Gruaud Larose" and sent us his perception of this story which brought him back, for a few hours, in his dear natal region.

"Reading this novel while I was 5000 kilometers far from my region - let's say a 7 hours' flight to Bordeaux - made me happy. Vineyards and wines are a passion for me. Sometimes in descent on Paris by clear time during the winter, I fly across the beautiful Burgundian region and I always admire these beautiful landscapes decorated with vines. I love Burgundy wines. And I appreciate of course the great wines from Bordeaux and more specifically Sauternes. I knew Chateau Gruaud Larose by reputation. I now want to visit Saint Julien, to make a tour and discover this vineyard built by Abbot Gruaud. Rediscovering your own region through a novel...that sounds strange, but this is exactly what happened to me with "A Fabulous Year at Chateau Gruaud Larose". And on top of that, a nice love story...”

Many thanks to Charles Guerrero for this comment. A virtual trip for a first officer used to travel every week...What a big prowess!


To know more about this novel, the first chapter is available on this link: "A fabulous Year at Chateau Gruaud Larose".

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire